Friday, November 16, 2012

I was out on routes Tuesday and Thursday this week. I now have 166 accounts and I'm adding 5 new accounts each day out. Tuesday I took off with 5 boxes for growth and along the way lost 4 accounts. Had to pick up 9 new accounts to be where I wanted to be at the end of the day.

The first snack box route I built years ago grew at a pace of 2 new accounts per week in the beginning then 2 per day later on. Growing at the pace I'm growing this time makes it seem like more are dropping off but I think it is just more noticeable because of the quicker growth.

Sales are running just shy of $20.00 per box at this time. The one area I have let down in is carding those that have to high of shortage. I'm starting to rectify that problem now before it gets out of control.

With Vistar's 50 case minimum order there has been no profits in the books at this point but in the next 1 to 2 weeks I'm anticipating my first profit. The profit is about a week late at this point in time from what I had anticipted in the beginning.

I'm a much happier person today than when I was in the corporate world and have no regrets about leaving my previous employer, they are a great company I'm just not a good employee. 

I will be ordering more boxes soon as I just opened the last case. Thanks to all of you that have sent words of encouragement it means a lot to me.

Dennis

4 comments:

  1. I think, starting a new vending business, it's not easy. The vending business is highest risk of failure, its very difficult for most new providers to protected high visitors and possibly successful places for their machines. We need to learn on that business, so we will know what makes a good place for a promoting business, which are the better vending machines and then do a lot of work to find tracks that will be successful. Marketing Research Report

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and God bless to your new business Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is some great information about getting started in the vending business when you don't have a lot of start up capital. Learn the best ways to get new locations as well.

    Business Information

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! really good post about vending routes. I am really impressed and loved your posts. I wanna read more similar post on Vending machines. Please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting your thoughts are valued.